I originally found this recipe in Southern Living magazine and altered it a little to suit my husband and I. It is one of his favorites and very simple to prepare. I usually add some red pepper or use a hot salsa to spice it up a bit. Yummy!
- add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese or American cheese or 2 cheese slices (whatever is prefered)
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- add 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- add sour cream
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 cup of crushed corn chips
- add 1 lb ground chuck
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese and sour cream, and shape into two loaves.
- Place on a lightly greased rack in baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until done.
- Top with cheese and garnish with sour cream.