If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup sugar<br> 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter<br> 2 1/2 tablespoons mild honey<br> 2 tablespoons heavy cream<br> 2/3 cup sliced almonds<br> 1/4 cup finely chopped fine-quality candied orange peel* <br> 8 oz fine-quality bittersweet choc
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil sugar, butter, honey, and cream in a 1-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until creamy and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in almonds and orange peel (batter will be thin).
- Drop level 1/2 teaspoons of batter about 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. (Batter will thicken as it cools; you may need to reheat for last few batches.) Bake in batches in middle of oven until golden brown and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. (Cookies will look runny at this point.) Cool cookies on sheets on racks until firm enough to be lifted, about 2 minutes, then transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely. (These cookies are very delicate; if they become too brittle to lift easily, return to oven to soften, about 1 minute.)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, then remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat.
- Dip about one third of each cookie into chocolate, then transfer to a parchment-lined tray. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Cooks' note:
- Cookies keep, layered between sheets of wax or parchment paper (do not overlap) and chilled in an airtight container, 1 week.
- * Available through Fauchon (866-308-5919) or The Baker's Catalogue (800-827-6836).