This is to go with my Prawn and Cauliflower Salad recipe but would go well with any seafood
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- add 1/2 lemon, juice of
- add 1 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- add 2 egg yolks
- add minted olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- add white pepper
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and use a whisk to mix in the lemon juice, mustard and a little salt.
- Beat continuously, adding minted oil 1 tablespoon at a time until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Minted oilive oil instructions.
- bring the oil slowly to temp of 70-80d in a pan.
- If you don't have a thermometer, don't boil it, it is better to be colder than too hot.
- Place the mint in a heatproof bowl and poor the oil over it, mix well and allow to cool.
- Strain oil into a jar and discard the mint.