Our family always buys Johnson Candy Mints in Old Tacoma its a tradition for Baby or Wedding showers. Here is an easy recipe to use to make ones that taste great..and take no time to whip up.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add In top of double boiler melt
- add 4TBSP of butter and 1/3 c Cream De Menth.
- add Add 1 pkg (15.4 oz) white creamy frosting mix
- add stir and cool until smooth and glossy about 5 min.
- add Optional:
- add Food color - 2 drops of green or red...for a light green or pink mint
- add Optional: crushed candy canes into fine little bits and stir into batter for a crunch in your mints
- I spread this batter on a parchment topped jelly roll pan. Then let sit for a couple of minutes to start to cool and I run a pizza cutter over them to cut them into squares. I like the extra crunch the crushed candy cane pieces give them.
- You can also drop from teaspoon into small drops and push down with the back of fork for individual round mints. Be sure to drop them onto wax paper and let cool and harden.
- If mixture thickens add a few drops of warm water and cook a few seconds. Cool till firm. Makes about 5 doz - store in a lock tupperware type of container.
- We would always divide the dough and use red drops for Pink mints...and green drops for the lite green mints...pretty and they melt in your mouth good.