Fast and easy lunch when you want a gyro and just don't want to go out. Recipe given to me by a friend who is afraid of lamb.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons oil
- add 3/4 teaspoon leaf oregano
- add 2 large pita breads
- add 2 (10 ounce) minute steaks
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Combine garlic, oregano, coriander, salt and allspice in small bowl.
- Pat minute steaks dry on paper towel.
- Add steaks to spice mixture.
- Cook steaks in oil skillet over medium heat until desired doneness; 2 to 3 minutes for rare.
- Spoon into pita.
- Garnish with onion& chopped tomato.
- Serve with Yogurt Sauce of 1/2 c.
- low fat plain yogurt, 1/4 c.
- chopped cucumber, 1 tbsp.
- chopped onion, and 1/4 tsp.