from this weeks paper, another use for bourbon.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add flour
- add 1 cup sugar
- add butter
- add 1/4 lb butter
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- add 3/4 cup coffee
- add 1/3 cup bourbon
- add whipped cream (to garnish)
- add 1 cup cake flour
- add 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 pinch salt
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- preheat oven to 275.
- grease and flour a 9x4 loaf pan.
- mix coffee, butter, chocolate in a bowl and microwave until chocolate is melted 1-2 minutes.
- beat the egg.
- stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- add to chocolate mixture, stirring.
- in a medium bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt.
- beat into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- stir in pecans and raisins.
- pour into loaf pan.
- bake 45-55 minutes.
- remove and cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- remove from pan and cool completely.
- serve with whipped cream.