My mother has been making this for holidays and special occassions as long as I can remember. I have never ran into another "Mississippi Mud" quite like this one. It is wonderful.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup powdered sugar
- add Cool Whip
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- add 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate pudding (not instant)
- add chocolate shavings
- add 1 cup flour
- add 16 ounces cream cheese
- add 1 cup Cool Whip
- Layer one.
- Combine all ingredients for layer one in a a large bowl.
- mix until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly greased.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 mintues.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Layer two:.
- In medium bowl beat together all ingredients for layer two.
- Working with a teaspoon and very little cream cheese mixture slowly spread it over layer one, careful not to pull up any of the first layer.
- Layer three:.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Let cool, once room temperature spread it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer four:.
- Top with the remaining cool whip.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.