Servs: 4 Makes: cups Prep: Cook:
Publish to the biggest community of readers in the world recipes by chef montaser masoud
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients
- add Carrots diced2 mediumPotato diced1 mediumBottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) diced100 gramsTomatoes quartered4 mediumOil 1 tablespoonCumin seeds 1/2 teaspoonBlack peppercorns 7-8 Onion sliced1 mediumSalt to tasteSugar 1/2 teaspoon
- step 1 Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and black peppercorns. When the cumin seeds begin to change colour add onion and sauté for two minutes.
- Step 2
- Add carrots, potato, bottle gourd and stir. Add salt and mix. Add two cups of water, cover and cook till nearly done.
- Step 3
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook, covered, till all the vegetables are completely cooked. Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Step 4
- Cool the vegetables and then puree in a blender. Transfer into a deep pan, add the reserved liquid and adjust consistency. It should be quite thick.
- Step 5
- Bring the soup to a boil. Adjust salt, add sugar and stir. Serve hot.