Great with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Kids will also love them. Makes a great gift. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.com.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- add 2 3/4 cups flour
- add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- add 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- add 1 tablespoon water
- add 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- add 1/2 cup butter, softened (no subsitutes)
- add 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on mediun to high speed for 30 seconds; add sugar, coffee crystals, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs until combined; beat in cocoa powder and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon; stir in nuts.
- Divide the dough in half; shape into loafs, using flour on hands; Place loaves on greased cookie sheet about 5 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten to 3-inches wide; Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and a toothpick insterted in center comes out clean; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cool on cookie sheet; transfer loaves to cutting board, cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; Lay sliced, cut side down,on cookie sheet; bake for 8-minutes; turn slices over and bake 7 to 12 minutes more or until dry and crisp; transfer to racks and cool.
- For espresso drizzle, in a medium bowl dissolve instant espresso in 1 tablespoon water; stir in powdered sugar; add additional water, IF necessary, to make drizzling consistency, drizzle over biscotti's.
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews