This is a recipe my DH's daughter gave me, it is one her late mother used to make alot, and that her Father loved. I am posting it here so as not to lose it, which is a problem I seem to keep having with this one I lay it down in my Big Red Book and darned if when I want it, it hasn't gotten up and moved itself to one of my other books. Although this looks complicated to make most of the preparation is opening cans so don't be afraid to use this and be sure to remember it is great family get together food too. Can be made ahead and frozen also for one of those OAMC meals.
- add 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms
- add 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- add 1 (16 ounce) package butterfly noodles
- add 2 medium eggs
- add 1 cup breadcrumbs
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- add 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- add 2 large onions
- add 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 2 tablespoons parsley
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- add 1 tablespoon garlic
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon basil
- Cook onions, garlic and beef.Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Cook noodles as directed and drain.Add chopped spinach that has been drained, bread crumbs, grated cheese and eggs to noodles.
- Pour Sauce over noodle mixture and mix together and put into casserole dish.Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and serve.