If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add vegetable oil
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 3 2/3 cups flour
- add 2 cups milk
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly--beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil from the bottom.
- When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides--then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top withbrown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping.
- BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!!