very simple to make, and a lovely side dish.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lemon, juice of
- add 6-8 medium beets
- add 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- add salt and black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon cumin
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 cup diced fresh parsley
- Place water in a 3-quart saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add beets, and simmer until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Cool, peel, and cut beets into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Place lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil, then toss with beets.
- Let sit a few hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.