This is a traditional Sephardic (Spanish) recipe for Passover charoset
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup dark raisins
- add 2 cups pitted dates
- add 1/2 cup walnuts
- add 2 tablespoons sweet red wine
- add 1/2 cup golden raisins
- process dates, raisins and walnuts in food processor until mixture is finely chapped and begins to mass.
- add enough wine to make sticky dough.
- line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- drop mixture by slightly rounded meaning teaspoons onto pan.
- roll with moistened palms into hazelnut-size balls.
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.