The Chicken Cookery provided this yummy recipe. It is so very good on a cold winter day or a rainy Wednesday night....
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- add 4 whole cloves
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3 chicken breasts
- add 1/4 cup raisins
- add 1 large onion
- add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 4 cups chicken stock
- add 2 bay leaves
- add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- add 1/4 cup almonds
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- add 1/8 teaspoon red peppers
- add 2 carrots
- add 4 cups couscous or white rice
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 medium green pepper
- Pour the oil into a Sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, red pepper, cloves, and bay leaf.
- Add chicken and chicken stock and cook over medium-high heat until liquid boils.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, carrots, and salt, and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken and the vegetables are tender.
- To serve place layer couscous first.
- Then with a slotted spoon, arrange the chicken and vegetables around the couscous.
- Ladle broth over all, and if you want to you can sprinkle with raisins and slivered almonds.