Got this recipe from a friend at work. Loved it. Great when you want something a little different. Thumbs up.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- add 1 medium onion
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- add 1 medium zucchini
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon powdered saffron
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 2 cloves garlic
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until done.
- Add zucchini, and saute 3 minutes or until tender; remove from heat.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions; stir in raisins.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in basil and saffron.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir couscous mixture into chicken mixture; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.