I made this tonight. It's loosly based on a recipe from the Marie Claire cookbook Zest and I used Ras el Hanout spice mix in it. I have a recipe for that here-the no. is 80983
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 20 mint leaves
- add 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- add 20 leaves fresh oregano
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- add 1 large lemon
- add 4 lamb fillets, trimmed (about 500g total weight)
- add 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- add 1 large lemon, zest of
- Mix together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, garlic and spice mix in a ceramic or non-reactive bowl.
- Add the lamb back-straps, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or over night.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and seal in a pan over high heat.
- Cook to your liking medium/medium rare is best; allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Toss the fresh herbs and tomatoes together and divide between 4 plates.
- Slice the lamb on the diagonal across the grain and arrange over the salads.