A nice combination of taste, and a little different. I made these half size and served them as an appetizer with a tart cranberry dip. From local newspaper.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 1 lb ground lamb
- add 2 teaspoons olive oil
- add 1/2 small onion
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- add 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- In a small nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground lamb, couscous, egg, parsley, tumeric, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add sauteed onion and garlic.
- Mix well, form into 1 and 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until browned on all sides and no longer pink.