After coming across a version of this recipe years ago and playing around with it, this is now the only chocolate cake I ever make! I have given it to friends who also say the same thing.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup strong black coffee
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- add 1/2 cup oil
- add 2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 3/4 cups flour
- add 1 tablespoon vinegar
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 3/4 cup cocoa
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then whisk into dry ingredients until well mixed and it's a smooth thin batter.
- Pour into a large, greased lined cake tin and bake for about 1 hour at 180 degrees celcius.