Cherry and grape tomatoes are the most flavourful winter choices. If you can't find a round of rich, creamy buffalo mozzarella, substitute bocconcini balls cut in quarters. From Food and Drink.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 24 small cherry tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- add 24 basil leaves
- add 6 ounces buffalo mozzarella
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 24 (5 inch) bamboo skewers
- add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk vinegar in a small bowl with oil, pepper and salt.
- Cut cheese in twenty-four 1/2 inch cubes. To assemble, slide a tomato onto a skewer, followed by a basil leaf, folded in half, and a cheese cube.
- Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Arrange on a serving platter and brush or sprinkle with vinaigrette.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature up to 2 hours before serving.