Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"A new twist on ordinary fried mozzarella sticks. A combination of bread and mozzarella makes for a satisfying meal or appetizer. Be sure your mozzarella slice is large enough to cover the bread! Serve with hot tomato sauce or as a hot sandwich covered with tomato sauce. You'll never eat a regular mozzarella stick again."
- add 1 slice mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch thick
- add 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- add 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- add 2 eggs, beaten
- add 2 slices Italian bread
- add 1 quart oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sandwich the mozzarella cheese between Italian bread slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese into the eggs.
- Place the bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- Carefully place the coated sandwich into deep fryer. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and cut into 4 triangles to serve.