Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"Mozzarella cheese sticks are dipped in a tasty beer batter, then deep fried. Be careful when you take that first bite of hot, gooey cheese!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg white
- add 1 cup beer
- add 1 pinch ground white pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 4 cups safflower oil
- add 1 pound mozzarella cheese sticks
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and white pepper. Gradually pour in beer. Whisk briskly. Cover and allow the mixture to stand 90 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat safflower oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whip the egg white into the batter. Dip mozzarella cheese sticks into the batter.
- With a slotted metal spoon, place coated cheese sticks a few at a time into the hot oil. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.