Modified recipe from the box of Crispix cereal. I can't go visit my nieces and nephews without bringing Muddy Buddies with me.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- add 9 cups Crispix cereal
- add 1/2 cup peanut butter
- add 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar (won't need it all)
- Measure out the Crispix cereal in a very large bowl (one in which you can toss the cereal to evenly coat with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture).
- Melt the chocolate chips in either a double boiler or the microwave.
- Add the peanut butter; stir well.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the Crispix cereal.
- Toss the cereal with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Using a gallon size freezer bag, put about 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar in the bottom.
- Add half the cereal mixture and toss in the bag until evenly coated with confectioner's sugar.
- Add the remainder of the cereal and top with another 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar.
- Toss until all the cereal is white in color (for the most part); add more confectioners sugar as needed.