A nice low-sodium appetizer if you have a grill. Use more thyme if you like; I particularly like thyme but other herbs could be substituted. Serve the mushrooms by themselves or with some of the marinade as dipping sauce. Cooking time is marination time.
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 1/2 lb large button mushrooms
- add 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- add 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients and marinate mushrooms at least an hour.
- String mushrooms on skewers and grill, basting with marinade, until lightly browned.
- Remove from skewers and serve.