This recipe came from the foodtv website and I think that it was from the How to Boil Water series. I did revise slightly. Anyway, it is a great recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- add salsa
- add 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- add 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- add 8 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- add 10 ounces button mushrooms
- add sour cream
- add 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (may use less if you desire)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Melt 2 Tablespoon butter in a mediun skillet over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shake pan to evenly distribute the mushrooms, then cook without moving the mushrooms around.
- This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter.
- Toss the mushrooms and continue to cook until nicely browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Season the mushrooms with chili powder and salt and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Toast the tortillas using any method you prefer, until slightly blistered.
- Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the jack cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and top with some of the mushrooms, then feta cheese.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Lay another sheet of foil over the quesadillas.
- Bake until the cheese melts, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve whole or slice into wedges.
- Serve garnishes on side.