A mustard sauce recipe from an old New Zealand 'Edmonds' cookbook. Have been making this for many years.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 cup corned beef stock or ham stock (that corned beef or ham has been cooked in)
- add 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add salt & pepper
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup vinegar
- Beat egg and sugar together.
- Add flour, mustard, pepper and salt.
- Stir in liquids gradually.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot sliced corned beef or hot ham.