Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
THIS PIE WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU HAD MADE TWO OF THEM...
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add INGREDIENTS
- add * Pastry enough for a deep 9 inch double pie crust
- add 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1/4 cup of white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon of lemon jiuce
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1/4 cup of syrup
- add Dash of nutmeg
- add Dash of Allspice
- add Dash of cinnamon
- add 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- add In a small saucepan warm up until the butter is melted!
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1 tablespoon of Quality Brandy
- add 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, lemon juice, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes. Add apples and continue to simmer until the apples are soft.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan and place in the oven until very lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain Apple mixture and save the juice for another recipe. Fill the pie crust with drained apple mixture. Cover with a latticework of crust.
- 3. Gently brush the milk, brandy and butter liquid over the crust. Brush & Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- 4. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 15 to 25 minutes. Or until the crust looks golden toasty.