This is probably the first thing that I ever learned to cook. My mother used to cook it while I took a nap as a child, and the smell would wake me up. It's really garlicky and the wine gives it a nice flavour. It also freezes really well. Enjoy!
- add 1/4 cup white wine or vermouth (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- add 2 lbs ground beef
- add 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste (I use the one with Italian seasonings added)
- add 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cooking onions
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 4 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté onions in oil.
- Add beef and brown before stirring in all seasonings.
- Add tomatoes, paste, and cloves.
- Stir and add alcohol if using.
- Cover and let cook on a low fire for 2 hours or more.