This is what I use as a dipping sauce for my cheese nuggets and parmesan puffs. I also use it on pastas, chicken or about anything that calls for a red sauce. It freezes well.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- add 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or dried ancho chile powder
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- add 3 tablespoons wine (optional)
- add 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 5 garlic cloves
- add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 4 teaspoons olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Puree tomatoes, with their juice and tomato sauce in a blender or processor.
- Heat oil and saute garlic a few minutes.Do not brown.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. (I usually let it simmer an hour if I have the time.).