Will be making this next week, looks great! Nice easy Mexican meat & potatoes... UPDATE: having made this, I would have used at least a tablespoon of taco seasoning to get it up to what we like, also chopped and cooked up an onion with the beef. Definately needed some more spices for our taste! Easy weeknight dinner!
- add 1 tomato
- add salsa
- add 1/2 lb cooked ground beef
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese or jalapeno jack cheese
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1/4 cup cilantro
- add 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or fajita seasoning mix
- add 1 lb baking potatoes
- Bake or microwave potatoes until done - either 6-10 minutes on high in the microwave, until gently yield to touch when firmly pressed or bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Cut in half, allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop some of the flesh out of the centres with a spoon, leaving about ½ of the flesh next to the skin.
- Fill each half with cooked Ground Beef seasoned with taco/fajita seasoning and top with cheddar or Jalapeno Jack Cheese.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each half with Sour Cream. Sprinkle chopped tomato & chopped cilantro on top of each and serve. Add a bowl of salsa on the table, spoon salsa over warm potato nacho -- the best seasoning!