I adapted this recipe from a cookbook that my brother gave me. He got it while on vacation somewhere in the Southwest. It is a great appetizer or main dish meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large tomato
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/2 large red onion
- add tortilla chips
- add 3/4 cup taco sauce
- add 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- add 1/2 cup black olives
- add 1 cup light sour cream
- add 1/4 cup green onions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef until brown, drain fat and season to taste.Stir in onion.
- Spread beans in a 9X13 baking pan and top with cooked meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with green chilies, cheese and taco sauce.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions, black olives, sour cream and tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips.