From my "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes from Edina, MN in 1995.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- add 5 (8 inch) flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- add 3-5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- add 2 medium tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a bread board, stack all the tortillas together.
- Slice the whole stack into eighths to make a total of 40 wedges.
- Spread evenly in a single layer on 2 medium baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until wedges are dry and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, chili peppers, chili powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon tomato mixture over toasted wedges; top each wedge with cheese.
- Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
- Broil one baking sheet at a time, 4 to 5 inches from heat, for approximately 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place on a platter and serve immediately.