These are cake like cookies that are topped with a yummy browned butter frosting! My Grandma-Nanny always made these every year in the fall.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup canned pumpkin
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- add 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 cup butter
- add 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- add 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl or mixer beat together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, and egg and blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls (an 80 scoop works great!) a couple of inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 min or just until the edges only are light golden brown.
- Immediatly remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.
- Maple Penuche Frosting.
- In a medium sauce pan combine 1/2 cup dark brown sugar,3 tbls butter and bring to a boil.
- Add maple syrup and cook over mediun heat for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly!
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add cream; and beat until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar gradually until desired consistancy for frosting.
- Frost cooled cookies and keep in single layer in an air tight container to keep moist and fresh--that is if they last that long!