a rice cooked with coconut milk and served with anchovies, nuts, cucumbers, a chili paste knowan as sambal and a choice of curries
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- add Rice 3 cups
- add Coconut milk 1/2 cups
- add Water 3 cup
- add Pandan leaves, cleaned and knotted 4
- add Ingredients A - for sweet chilli paste
- add Dried chillies, softened in water and pounded finely 50g
- add Shallots 50g
- add Shrimp paste 1 tsp
- add Ingredients B
- add Sugar 2 tbsp
- add Tamarind, soaked in 4tbsp water, squeezed and strained 1 tbsp
- add Salt to taste
- Sweet chilli paste
- Heat 8 tbsp oil in a wok and fry chilli paste till fragrant. Add Ingredient B and continue to cook till paste thickens. Cool and serve with coconut rice.
- Coconut rice
- 1. Wash the rice and drain.
- 2. Mix coconut milk with 3 cups of water and 1 tsp salt.
- 3. Add coconut milk and pandan leaves to rice, cover and cook. When rice is almost dry, lower the heat. Let rice stand over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold with fried peanuts, crispy anchovies, cucumber slices, omelette and sweet chilli paste.