Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
We recently visited family in New Mexico, who introduced us to these delicious treats!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 Anaheim peppers (mild) for those who don't care for hot flavors
- add 2 Jalapeno peppers (hot) or if you are lucky enough to be in the area to get the famous Hatch peppers, that's what we had.
- add Flour for dusting
- add Make a thin batter of:
- add 1/2 cup Bisquik mix
- add 2/3 cup buttermilk
- add pinch salt
- add Peanut oil for frying
- add Buttermilk dipping sauce: 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder and dried parsley. Salt and pepper to taste Mix well.
- Clean and slice the peppers into 1/3 inch wide strips.
- Dust in flour (important, or batter won't adhere)
- Heat peanut oil to 400 degrees
- Dip floured pepper strips into batter a few at a time and
- then into the hot oil turning once and frying until brown as you like.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with the buttermilk sauce.