A delicious steak and sauce from Pol Martin. Rib-eye steaks may be substituted for the New Yorks.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 3/4 lb mushrooms
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 5 New York strip steaks
- add 2 shallots
- add 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
- add 1 cup heavy cream
- add 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- add 1/4 cup cognac
- add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 150ºF.
- Cook steaks in two batches using the following procedure.Heat half of oil in large frying pan.When hot, add meat and cook 3 to 4 minutes over high heat.
- Turn meat over, season well and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.Remove meat from pan and keep steaks hot in oven.
- Place peppercorns in small bowl and add 2 tablespoons cream.Mash together and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and heat.Cook mushrooms, shallots and parsley 3 minutes.Season.
- Add cognac and cook 3 minutes over high.
- Mix in rest of cream and peppercorn mixture; cook 4 to 5 minutes over high.