Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add <B>For dressing</B>
- add 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add a 6- to 7-ounce can tuna, drained
- add chopped
- add 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- add 1 cup (about 1/2 pound) orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add 1/2 pound green beans, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- add 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- add 4 anchovies, chopped
- add 2 cups chopped arugula, washed and spun dry
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- add a 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- add 1/3 cup Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives if desired,
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water cook orzo until tender and drain in a colander. Rinse orzo well under cold water and drain well. Transfer orzo to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan of salted boiling water cook beans until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain beans and add to orzo.
- Make dressing:
- In a blender blend together vinegar, lemon juice, anchovies, mustard, and garlic paste. With motor running add oil in a stream and blend until emulsified.
- Add dressing to orzo mixture with artichokes, tuna, bell pepper, onion, thyme, olives, and salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Salad may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before proceeding.
- Add arugula and toss well.