my auntie love nilaga!!! especially her kids they love soups coz its easy to finished their meal...
- ? 1 lb. pork (choices of belly, hocks, neck or any bony parts of pork), cut into serving pieces
- ? 5-6 cups water
- ? 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ? 1 onion, quartered
- ? 2 green onions (scallions), sliced into 1? long
- ? 1/4 tsp. peppercorn
- ? salt to taste
- ? 2 eddoes- also known as taro or gabi, quartered (optional)
- ? 2 potatoes, quartered
- ? 1 can pork and beans
- ? pechay (bok choy) or cabbage leaves
- 1. Place pork in a big pot and let it covered with water. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until pork is tender for about an hour.
- 2. Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot.
- 3. Add crushed garlic, sliced onions, scallions, peppercorn and season with salt.
- 4. Add quartered eddoes (if using) and potatoes. Cook until tender.
- 5. Add the pork and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes. Correct the seasoning.
- 6. Add pechay or cabbage leaves. Do not overcook the green vegetables.
- 7. Remove from heat. Serve hot.