Filed Under: Filipino dish,
Servs: 6 Prep: 10m Cook: 40m
This recipe I learned from watching a segment of Jessica Soho's show on GMA-7.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 onions
- 1 tanglad
- Pamintang buo
- Hugas-bigas (water used in washing rice)
- The following you can add as many as you like:
- -- potatoes
- -- petchay
- -- sweet corn
- Put onions and tanglad inside chicken.
- Pour hugas-bigas in a pot (big enough to hold the chicken).
- Place sweet corn and chicken inside the pot (better that the corn goes under the chicken so that it would cook well before the chicken).
- When soup boils, add potatoes, patis and pamintang buo.
- Lower the flame and cook until chicken is tender.
- Add petchay then turn off the flame. The heat from the soup will cook the petchay enough for it to remain crunchy.
- Serve with patismansi and crushed siling labuyo.