These are best eaten hot.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons baking powder
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/2 cup applesauce
- add 1/2-2/3 cup cold low-fat buttermilk or skim milk
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a larger bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add applesauce and cut in with a pastry blender until it is like a course meal.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cold milk over mixture and stir in quickly with a fork.
- Add enough milk until dough is slightly sticky.
- Gather the dough up into a ball, sprinkle with flour& roll out 1/2 inch thick on a floured board.
- Cut out small rounds (about 2 1/2" to 3" in diameter) and place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned on top.