We made this casserole for so many years -then I forgot about it, I look up my recipe and want to share it because its a great budget meal and cooks while you do the evening busy time chores...and tastes beyond great.
- add 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- add 1 can Cream of celery soup
- add 1/2 soup can of water
- add 1/2 cup of white wine or chicken broth
- add 1 package long grain and wild rice with with herb seasoning
- add (Or 1 1/2 cups of white rice, uncooked)
- add 8 pieces of chicken (raw)
- add 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- Mix the cream soups, water and wine (or chicken broth) with the rice mix (or white rice) pour into a 13x9x2" baking pan. Place chicken pieces on top and sprinkle the dry soup mix over all of it. Cover with foil and back for 2 hours at 350.
- Do not peek, this needs to cook with the foil on tight and let the rice steam as the chicken bakes...it is a very good dinner with a small side salad.