We really enjoy noodles as a sidedish; such a nice change from potatoes. This recipe comes from an old Pillsbury Family cookbook; creamy and delicious. A nice accompaniment to just about any entree or a great vegetarian main dish.
- add 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- add 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- add 1/4 cup chopped onions
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- add 1 cup large-curd cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles following directions on package.
- Rinse in cold water; drain In a large skillet, saute onions and mushroom pieces in butter.
- Combine with beaten eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, pimiento, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, hot sauce, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and egg noodles.
- Turn into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place casserole in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and a delicate, golden brown.