This recipe was given to my mother by a dear family friend in the sixties, and has always been a family favorite. Very easy and tasty. It is similar to a beef stroganoff, only way better! Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 ounces uncooked narrow egg noodles
- add 3 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- add pepper
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme (no water)
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 clove garlic
- add chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- add 1 lb ground chuck
- add 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- add 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- Saute butter, onion slices, garlic and mushrooms in heavy frying pan until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add ground chuck- break up and cook until no longer pink (another 5 minutes).
- Add wine, lemon juice, consomme, and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles (uncooked), cover, and simmer until noodles are tender (about 20 minutes).
- When ready to serve, mix in sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.