If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 3 sticks salted butter, softened
- add 1/2 cup sugar cubes, coarsely crushed, or pearl sugar
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1 cup sugar
- Beat together 1 egg and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Sift in flour and baking powder and add butter. Beat on low speed until mixture forms a dough. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Roll level teaspoons of dough into balls and arrange 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into center of each ball to flatten, leaving a depression, and brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle crushed sugar in centers and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden, 12 to 18 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.