Millie my neighbor used to make these for us all the time. I loved the rich buttery taste and the cherry and almond flavor. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 egg
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 cup butter
- add 21-24 maraschino cherries
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour and almond extract.
- Chill dough 1-2 hours.
- Make balls the size of small walnuts.
- Flatten balls on cookie sheet with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Press a ½ of a cherry onto each cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Do not over bake.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.