If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 3 tablespoons (about) ice water
- add 2/3 cup pecan halves
- add 1/3 cup honey
- add 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- add 2/3 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar<B>Filling </b>
- add 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- add 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced
- add 2/3 cup sliced almonds Whipped cream
- add 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- add <a href ="/recipes/recipe_views/views/104524">Orange-Cranberry Compote</a>(optional)
- add 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- add 1/3 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, diced
- add <B>Crust </b>
- add 2/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For crust: Mix flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add shortening and butter. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl. Combine 3 tablespoons ice water and vinegar in small bowl; pour over flour mixture. Stir with fork until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls as needed. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap disk in plastic and chill at least 20 minutes and up to 3 days.
- Roll out dough disk on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough into tart pan. Trim dough overhang and reserve. Freeze crust 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake crust until golden, about 17 minutes; if crust bubbles, press with back of fork. Cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: Mix 1 1/2 cups cream, both sugars and honey in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture bubbles thickly and darkens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in grated orange peel. Let stand 20 minutes. Stir in walnuts, pecans, cashews and almonds. Spoon filling into crust, distributing nuts evenly.
- Bake tart until filling is bubbling thickly and is deep amber in color, about 22 minutes. Cool completely on rack. Serve with whipped cream and Orange-Cranberry Compote, if desired.