Servs: 3 Makes: 6 Servings
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add - 1 lb okra, uncut
- add - 1 Tbsp olive oil
- add - 1 medium onion, diced
- add - 1 lb fresh green beans
- add - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed then chopped
- add - 1 cup water
- add - 1/2 tsp salt
- add - 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- add - 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Wash okra pods, trim stems, do not remove caps. Rinse well and drain. Wash beans and cut into 3 inch lengths. Combine water, tomato paste, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a sauce pan and mix well. Heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to boil. Add okra and beans and additional water if necessary to almost cover vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently until vegetables are crisp-tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve it warm or cold.
- *This dish can also be oven-baked. Instead of simmering, lightly cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350oF.