"This recipe was given to me 41 years ago by my husband's grandmother."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 2 cups water
- add 2 cups raisins
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together; add to hot raisins. Cook and stir until syrup is clear. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar and butter or margarine. Cool slightly.
- Turn filling into a pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Seal edges, and cut slits in the top crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.