If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/4 cups water
- add 1 9 inch pie shell
- add 3/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1 cup walnuts
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 2 tablespoons instant Tang orange drink (Any type of Instant Orange Breakfast Drink will do)
- add 15 ounces raisins (1 pkg, 3 cups)
- add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Divide the pastry almost in half and roll out thelarger half, on a lightly floured surface, to a 13-inch circle. Linea 9-inch pie plate with the pastry and trim the pastry 1/2 inch beyondthe rim of the pie plate. Combine the raisins, brown sugar, cornstarch and drink mix in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir in the water and lemonjuice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boilsand thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts.
- Turn themixture into the pastry-lined pie plate and dot with the butter.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to an 11-inch circle. Place the top crustover filling and trim the edge to 1-inch beyond the rim.
- Fold the top crustunder the bottom crust and form a ridge. Flute the edge and cut steamvents in the top crust. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F.
- oven for 30minutes or until the crust is a golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Coolon a wire rack.