Tasty and good for an energy boost. Goes nicely with a glass of milk. These soft, moist bars are a great snack and kids love 'em.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 teaspoon baking soda (1/2 tsp at high altitude)
- add 1 egg
- add 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 3/4 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup nuts
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1 cup raisins or dates, whole or chopped (chopped will make the bars easier to cut)
- add 1/3 cup shortening (or unsalted butter, softened)
- add 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Combine raisins with water, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add oats and all other remaining ingredients; blend, then beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Spread evenly in greased 13x9" pan, and bake at 350F (375 at high altitude) until top springs back when touched lightly in the center (15-20 minutes).