A very good "do ahead" recipe, quick, easy and tasty. You can make the olive spread the day before or do it all at once. These freeze well. Just thaw before broiling. I flatten the bead slices with a rolling pin before toasting one side.
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese
- add 4 ounces black olives
- add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- add 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 8 slices sandwich bread
- add 1/4 teaspoon curry
- Mix olives,cheese, mayo, onion powder& curry.
- Arrange bread on an ungreased cookie sheet and toast one side under the broiler Turn over and spread with the olive mixture (you can now Feeze the slices and broil when thawed) or Broil for 2 0r 3 minutes until bubbly.
- cut each slice intp 4 triangles.